Chapter 5

5:1 [hgb]  耶 和 华 阿 , 求 你 记 念 我 们 所 遭 遇 的 事 , 观 看 我 们 所 受 的 凌 辱 。 
    [kjv]  Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
    [bbe]  Keep in mind, O Lord, what has come to us: take note and see our shame.
5:2 [hgb]  我 们 的 产 业 归 与 外 邦 人 。 我 们 的 房 屋 归 与 外 路 人 。 
    [kjv]  Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
    [bbe]  Our heritage is given up to men of strange lands, our houses to those who are not our countrymen.
5:3 [hgb]  我 们 是 无 父 的 孤 儿 。 我 们 的 母 亲 好 像 寡 妇 。 
    [kjv]  We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers are as widows.
    [bbe]  We are children without fathers, our mothers are like widows.
5:4 [hgb]  我 们 出 钱 才 得 水 喝 。 我 们 的 柴 是 人 卖 给 我 们 的 。 
    [kjv]  We have drunken our water for money; our wood is sold unto us.
    [bbe]  We give money for a drink of water, we get our wood for a price.
5:5 [hgb]  追 赶 我 们 的 , 到 了 我 们 的 颈 项 上 。 我 们 疲 乏 不 得 歇 息 。 
    [kjv]  Our necks are under persecution: we labour, and have no rest.
    [bbe]  Our attackers are on our necks: overcome with weariness, we have no rest.
5:6 [hgb]  我 们 投 降 埃 及 人 和 亚 述 人 , 为 要 得 粮 吃 饱 。 
    [kjv]  We have given the hand to the Egyptians, and to the Assyrians, to be satisfied with bread.
    [bbe]  We have given our hands to the Egyptians and to the Assyrians so that we might have enough bread.
5:7 [hgb]  我 们 列 祖 犯 罪 , 而 今 不 在 了 。 我 们 担 当 他 们 的 罪 孽 。 
    [kjv]  Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne their iniquities.
    [bbe]  Our fathers were sinners and are dead; and the weight of their evil-doing is on us.
5:8 [hgb]  奴 仆 辖 制 我 们 , 无 人 救 我 们 脱 离 他 们 的 手 。 
    [kjv]  Servants have ruled over us: there is none that doth deliver us out of their hand.
    [bbe]  Servants are ruling over us, and there is no one to make us free from their hands.
5:9 [hgb]  因 为 旷 野 的 刀 剑 , 我 们 冒 着 险 才 得 粮 食 。 
    [kjv]  We gat our bread with the peril of our lives because of the sword of the wilderness.
    [bbe]  We put our lives in danger to get our bread, because of the sword of the waste land.
5:10 [hgb]  因 饥 饿 燥 热 , 我 们 的 皮 肤 就 黑 如 炉 。 
    [kjv]  Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.
    [bbe]  Our skin is heated like an oven because of our burning heat from need of food.
5:11 [hgb]  敌 人 在 锡 安 玷 污 妇 人 , 在 犹 大 的 城 邑 玷 污 处 女 。 
    [kjv]  They ravished the women in Zion, and the maids in the cities of Judah.
    [bbe]  They took by force the women in Zion, the virgins in the towns of Judah.
5:12 [hgb]  他 们 吊 起 首 领 的 手 , 也 不 尊 敬 老 人 的 面 。 
    [kjv]  Princes are hanged up by their hand: the faces of elders were not honoured.
    [bbe]  Their hands put princes to death by hanging: the faces of old men were not honoured.
5:13 [hgb]  少 年 人 扛 磨 石 , 孩 童 背 木 柴 , 都 绊 跌 了 。 
    [kjv]  They took the young men to grind, and the children fell under the wood.
    [bbe]  The young men were crushing the grain, and the boys were falling under the wood.
5:14 [hgb]  老 年 人 在 城 门 口 断 绝 。 少 年 人 不 再 作 乐 。 
    [kjv]  The elders have ceased from the gate, the young men from their musick.
    [bbe]  The old men are no longer seated in the doorway, and the music of the young men has come to an end.
5:15 [hgb]  我 们 心 中 的 快 乐 止 息 , 跳 舞 变 为 悲 哀 。 
    [kjv]  The joy of our heart is ceased; our dance is turned into mourning.
    [bbe]  The joy of our hearts is ended; our dancing is changed into sorrow.
5:16 [hgb]  冠 冕 从 我 们 的 头 上 落 下 。 我 们 犯 罪 了 , 我 们 有 祸 了 。 
    [kjv]  The crown is fallen from our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
    [bbe]  The crown has been taken from our head: sorrow is ours, for we are sinners.
5:17 [hgb]  这 些 事 我 们 心 里 发 昏 , 我 们 的 眼 睛 昏 花 。 
    [kjv]  For this our heart is faint; for these things our eyes are dim.
    [bbe]  Because of this our hearts are feeble; for these things our eyes are dark;
5:18 [hgb]  锡 安 山 荒 凉 , 野 狗 ( 或 作 狐 狸 ) 行 在 其 上 。 
    [kjv]  Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it.
    [bbe]  Because of the mountain of Zion which is a waste; jackals go over it.
5:19 [hgb]  耶 和 华 阿 , 你 存 到 永 远 。 你 的 宝 座 存 到 万 代 。 
    [kjv]  Thou, O LORD, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation.
    [bbe]  You, O Lord, are seated as King for ever; the seat of your power is eternal.
5:20 [hgb]  你 为 何 永 远 忘 记 我 们 。 为 何 许 久 离 弃 我 们 。 
    [kjv]  Wherefore dost thou forget us for ever, and forsake us so long time?
    [bbe]  Why have we gone from your memory for ever? why have you been turned away from us for so long?
5:21 [hgb]  耶 和 华 阿 , 求 你 使 我 们 向 你 回 转 , 我 们 便 得 回 转 。 求 你 复 新 我 们 的 日 子 , 像 古 时 一 样 。 
    [kjv]  Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
    [bbe]  Make us come back to you, O Lord, and let us be turned; make our days new again as in the past.
5:22 [hgb]  你 竟 全 然 弃 绝 我 们 , 向 我 们 大 发 烈 怒 。 
    [kjv]  But thou hast utterly rejected us; thou art very wroth against us.
    [bbe]  But you have quite given us up; you are full of wrath against us.